Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Shout Out

Today is my first official Mother's Day! I have a God-daughter, so I would have a 'God Mother's Day," but this is the first time I have a child that I carried for 9 months, here to call me 'Ma-ma.' I just want to shout-out to all the mom's that are doing what God ordained us to do.. be patient, learn, grow, sow (and to some sew), pray, talk, listen and love. A special shout-out to my own mother, Hope A. Lewis, my granny Nellie B. Thomas, my Mother-In-Law- Miss Gus and my other Mother-In Law, Veronica Brown, for showing me characteristics that I would love to pass on to Jocelyn.

If God called your mom home already, remember that God placed mother like figures in your life to continue caring, loving and listening the way your own mother did. It may not be the same, but trust that God knew best.

Finally, a thank you to the ultimate Mother, Mary! For carrying a Son that does everything for us, more than what we have and can ever imagine!

Happy Mother's Day and God Bless you!

Mothering,
~Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment