Monday, February 15, 2010

When I Remember..

Today, I'm a 27 years-old. Yay!! Happy birthday to me! Even though I'm a year older, I remember so many things! (Some say the older you get, the less you remember.. that's not the case for me!)

I remember when I got my first TV or when I had to go to a Catholic School for getting into trouble.. (Yes, I was bad! :).. I remember grieving the loss of my father and hating the first two years and loving the last two years of high school. I remember working every summer since I was 15 and not knowing where my money went.. and driving around East Hammond with my girls.. I remember making great friends at Purdue and joining the best sorority! EE-yip! I remember the first card Jeremy got me (10 years ago today!) and our wedding day..being so high. And last year, realizing on my next birthday- I was going to be someone's mother.

Through all of these memories, I know what has kept me.. My homie, Jesus. He's allowed me to grow so much in my 27 years.. to love people and most importantly, to love me! 10 years ago, I didn't love me.. I didn't even know me. But, today..I love the new me.. So, Happy birthday to me! The beginning of a real, new year!

Wanting some cake,
~Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment