Thursday, November 10, 2011

Consistently, Inconsistent

Over the past year, I've really beaten myself up because I'll start something and not finish it. For instance, I planned on posting this blog earlier this year and decided to blog about something else. What I've also noticed is that when I am inconsistent, I tend to miss out on something that could have been for me. *sighs loudly*

I am consistently, inconsistent.. often.

Especially with creative ideas, books I want to read or even calling someone. I allow other things to take me from what I intended to do. But it's weird-- I'm extremely consistent when it comes to facebook or tweeting.. or even watching shows that harm brain cells! You know--things that probably won't impact my quality of life? You get the picture.

Today, I made a vow to myself to be consistent with something, daily. If I start the laundry-- I probably should dry, fold and put them away, in one day.

How can I plan to plant a seed of consistency in our little ones, when I don't water my own consistent seeds?

Just wanted to encourage you to be consistent. Start something and finish it. If you have a letter that you need to write, put down the phone and write the letter. If you have a goal to start a blog-- come up with ideas and implement them. It may be a lazy spirit or a tired one, but find ways to regain energy and finish what you've started. You never know what value your consistency has on the next person.

Folding Clothes,
~Mrs. G

"In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently." Anthony Robbins


No comments:

Post a Comment