Thursday, November 17, 2011

For Granted

My good friend Neva, reminded me this week about being thankful for small things. I have complained so much about the big things I have not been able to do this year that I have taken for granted the smaller things I have been blessed to do!

Let me just take a moment and list a few:
--Go to the beach, almost monthly
--Got a snazzy Android phone
--Co-coordinate and facilitate a Women's bible study
--Skype!
--Lost some weight
--Won some earrings, hair oil and a shirt
--Meet CurlyNikki
--We found not 1 but 2 churches!!
--Prayed for a new job and it was granted
--Favor at Jocelyn's daycare
--Grace with Jeremy's job(s)

And so many more!!

With Thanksgiving one week from today (yes, I know--where did the time go!!?), let's not only be grateful for food, shelter and heat; a car to get to work.. but for small things. Being late for work, to avoid an accident; the rain and wind, to feel God’s presence.

Stop taking small things for granted! Why you ask? Read here.

Grateful for the lil' things,
~Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment