Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On Being Different

I compare my life to women I know, daily.

Why can't my mother help me like her's can? Why can't I go like my sorors can? Why can't we have a house like so many of our friends? And what I keep hearing about these comparisons? #Ecclesiastes 11:5

I keep trying to fit in and to feel included...

I keep trying to be a part of the in-crowd...

I keep trying to do what they do... wear what she wears, look how she looks, go where she goes.

And then, I look in the mirror and it’s plain as day.

I'm Different.


Not because I'm the only child. Not because my mother is blind. Not because my husband is a minister.

But because God has His hand on me.


To be included... In His family.

To be apart... Of His 'in' crowd.

To do...what He wants me to do.

I'm called.

No, not to preach. But to be different-- set apart. To love me.. all of me. To be confident in who I am. I can't be like her-- my circumstances aren't hers and my life, is my life. Today, I boldly write that my calling is to be confident in who I am. To make my life meaningful, not because of what I wear or my family circumstance but by being a supporting and loving wife, a teaching and caring mother, an honest and devoted daughter/granddaughter and a great friend--regardless of how I feel..but because God called me.

Yep, I'm different. And I like it!
~Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment